Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Denver Love Fest

This week, Andy and Jessica are traveling to Denver to celebrate the marriage of two of our favorite people - Shira and Trent.
We first met Trent in Atlantic City a couple of years ago at Pop Pop's funeral. Shira and Trent were vacationing in Italy when they got the sad news about Pop Pop. Of course, Shira was hopping on the first plane out of there to be with family. What wasn't expected was that Trent was right there by her side. Though they hadn't been dating for long, his true colors showed through and totally impressed the family. Whadda mensch. That first night, after they had traveled all night and day on planes to make it to Atlantic City, they were forced to bunk up with Andy and me. As we fell asleep laughing (despite the circumstances), we all hoped Trent would stick around a while. Lucky for us, he did.

We are so stoked to celebrate the start of the rest of they lives, and we love them very much.

I (Jessica) arrived in Denver on Monday to play shopkeep at Elyse's shoe boutique in Denver. It's been fun and I would definitely consider owning my own shop one day. The best part of my visit has been hanging out with my neice, Coco. I'd add a picture, but I'm not sure how excited Elyse and Eric would be about that, so out of respect for them, you'll just have to trust me when I say that she is the CUTEST little child. She's about 11 months old, and just giggles when you interact with her in nearly any way. Any little squeeze, hug, or snuggle, and that child throws a smile on her face. What a delight!

Andy and Mitch took down the rest of the chimney on Monday. Yay!!!!! Then, all our stuff got moved out of storage and into the basement on Tuesday. Big thanks to Dad, Mitch, and Andy for doing the hard work. We're still waaaaiiiittttiiiinnngggg on contractors, architecture drawings, everything. It's truly trying our patience. I am so ready to move forward. Ack.

In the meantime, we have the best distraction - a family wedding. We can't hardly wait to see everyone (and I can't wait to see MAX!!). Super fun.

Thanks for keeping up with our progress, and we'll check in again next week!

PS: I was watching the Bachelor Pad on Monday night (I know, I know...) and I noticed that one of the girls was wearing the dress that I plan to wear for Shira's wedding. Just had to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment