Monday, October 4, 2010

Homestretch?

The title of this post may come back to bite us in the end. But we may be seeing the beginning of the end. Andy has spent a tremendous amount of time getting things right in that house. We often refer to the tv show, Holmes on Homes. In the show, Holmes walks into every house saying "I hope I won't have to do too much...oh no! We'll have to tear out the entire basement and start from scratch!" While things aren't that bad, Andy's definitely focused on doing things right the first time. Music to any good contractor's ears.

Here are some pics to show progress...

Dan and Andy framed the kitchen entry.

They included a small pantry next to the built-in. Access will be via a little door in the entryway between the dining room and kitchen. I hope to add a laundry shoot at the bottom. I love laundry shoots.

In the meantime, Eliza, Melanie, Sarah Isabel, Gianna, and I went to the Alameda Antiques Fair. I found the most amazing light fixture to go into the kitchen. It was such a deal!

The glass is an old, heavy, milky color, and the metal had a subtle detail. Beautiful!

In the meantime, I'm choosing paint colors. I'm using this image for inspiration. Grays, blues, and gray-purples. Things are looking great (apologies for the sideways photo - I can't fix it).

In other news, football season is starting. Dyna claims to be a Packers fan when her mom is around, but when Mel was away on vacation she revealed her true colors. Go Bears!

And, a rare showing of my baby belly. We can't wait to meet the little one (though we want her to stay in there for at least 15 more weeks!).

This week, we talk to a plumber, a drywall guy, our contractor to finish some of the main floor carpentry, our HVAC folks, and our Sears appliances will be delivered. Moving forward!

4 comments:

  1. I think I am getting a little weepy....you are such a beautiful lady with your baby bump ><

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! So wonderful. I'm thinking about spending the week after Christmas in San Francisco, maybe I'll get to see you two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen - we'd love to see you. Let us know if it happens!

    Meags - I can't wait to see YOU in December...and thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree with Meaghan. You're a lovely lady looking even lovelier with the baby!

    Nice light fixture and color scheme. Fun to see it all come together! :D

    ReplyDelete