Friday, September 24, 2010

Potty talk

The bathroom is gonna get it. It's time.

Andy has been plotting his attack for days. The dilemma is that the floor is a bit uneven - too uneven to ignore. He's come up with some creative ways for dealing with the problem, but seems to be succumbing to the more conventional methods.

One thing's for sure. The next owner of this house has it made. The owner(s) previous to us would've just slapped another layer of linoleum on top of the floor and call it a day. Us? Not acceptable. It'd keep us up at night. Actually, it kinda does - we end each day counting down the hours until we're scheduled to be back at the house for more work. Is there enough time for dinner, and a movie, and a good night's sleep? Will Pili's walk in the morning be abbreviated or turn into a late-morning walk? Good thing both of us are resolute. This is totally worth it.

I drove to Redwood City today to pick up a craigslist light from this really sweet old couple. It was plucked from a craftsman remodel and I think it'll go in our dining room. It's fairly large, over 20", and it would command a hefty price in a boutique vintage spot like Ohmega Salvage. And...if we change our mind I'm sure I can sell it for at least as much as I paid for it on Craigslist. Yay craigslist.

We had a lovely dinner tonight with our cousin Rachel and her boyfriend Nathaniel. I finally branched out at Cafe Gratitude and ordered something other than Yo Soy Mucho. In a menu full of self-affirmations like "I am effervescent", "I am graceful", and "I am beautiful", why in the world would they make one called "I am a whole lot"? It happens to be my favorite dish. I just cringe every time I have to say it. Anyhow, it was delish (as usual).

No comments:

Post a Comment